I dare North American leaders to be for once politically incorrect.
I dare North American leaders to stand by the essential Canadian values,
Christian traditions and essential Canadian, and American culture and not let it be further sullied.
I dare North American leaders to come out of their cocoons and realize the impending danger that looms large on the horizon under the camouflage of multi- culturism and accommodation- that is one –sided.
I dare North American leaders to be the leaders in real sense of word and stop being demagogues and pandering to baser values so get votes
Hats off, or shall I say, turbans off as well to Julia who has shown grit and determination to protect Australian culture and not succumbed to politically correct attitudes, for being blunt and clear a la Winston Churchill in asserting her values and priorities; in short in having balls.
Australia says NO — no to political correctness, no to the threats of fundamentalist and no to diluting of essential and basic Australian values. This will be the second Time Julia Gillard, Prime Minister of Australia, has done this!
She sure isn’t backing down on her hard line stance and one has to appreciate her belief in the rights of her native countrymen.
What a relief and a sense of wafting in of a breath of fresh air to see someone lead in the real sense of term. Australian Prime Minister does it again!!
The whole world needs a leader like this!
Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.
Separately, Gillard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying she supported spy agencies monitoring the nation’s mosques. Quote: ‘IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT… Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.’
‘This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.’
‘We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!’
‘Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.’
‘We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is, that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.’
‘This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, ‘THE RIGHT TO LEAVE’.’
‘If you aren’t happy here then LEAVE. We didn’t force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.’
Hope our politicians also take a similar stand before it gets too late. To begin with the following guidelines be adopted without any further delay:
• Stop all extra accommodation for different religious groups. Each individual has right to pray in his own way, but public facilities should be denied.
• No special provision of prayers for any group in schools.
• Return of the greetings Merry Christmas instead of inane and stupid meaningless Happy Holidays
• Return of banished Christmas trees with all their magic.
• Stopping of all government funding of settlement agencies – these are a burden on honest taxpayer. An immigrant, who comes here, should be prepared to spend on his settlement.
• Stopping of all tax-payer funding interpretation and translation services. An immigrant who does not know the official languages has no right to be here; and in case these services are provided, they should be paid by the sponsors of the immigrant. Why not send back the immigrants who do not know the national language. After all, the lack of knowledge shows that they came under false pretences.
• Public schools are meant for public and not for catering to any group- so stop all special treatment.
• Stop exhibition of that part of religion that goes against public safety – hijab and kirpan. Hijab can be and has been used as a way of disguise by criminals and the kirpan is a weapon of offence.
• Tell the people what Julia told them that the immigrants are welcome to come and be a part of society, but not to tear it apart- claiming that they are Canadians , and acting otherwise. They have a right to leave.
• End the principle of dual-citizenship. There can be no divided loyalties. If bigamy is prohibited as a person cannot be loyal to two spouses, how can a person be loyal to two countries?
The changing pattern of the country under the present government is a welcome sign, but the process needs to be hastened. I know that the blue-print given above is not exhaustive, but it is a necessary starting point. I am aware that some disgruntled elements shall be up in arms and critical of these suggestions; but that shows their real intent. Let the leaders catch the nettle firmly. That is the way of Salvation: the alternative shall be in foreseeable future Canada shall be Canada in name only. Be firm and foil the dream of wreckers!
Do the Canadians hope that leaders shall dare do so? I dare them!!!
Dr. Bikram Lamba is a political and business strategist. He can be contacted at 905 848 4205. Email:email@example.com